Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) 2019
KVPY 2019 Scholarship Exam 11th 12th 1st-year basic science: Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is being conducted to provide the scholarship to the students interested in a research career in basic sciences. KVPY is a national level exam organized by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) every year in the month of November. The application process has been started from 8 July 2019. The exam is conducted for the students studying in the class of 11th, 12th and the first year of the degree course. The scholarship is offered from the commencement of the 1st year of the degree course.
The KVPY notification has been published on 11th May 2019.
KVPY Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for appearing in KVPY 2019 Exam are given here:
- Indian Citizen Students are eligible to take the exam. OCI/PIO students can also appear in KVPY 2019 .
- The students who have passed 10th class with Science & Mathematics subjects and secured at least 75 % marks (65 % marks for SC/ST/PwD category students) aggregate and appearing in 11th class can apply for Stream SA.
- The students who have passed 10th class with Science & Mathematics subjects and secured at least 75% marks (65% marks for SC/ST/PwD category students) aggregate and appearing in 12th class can apply for Stream SX. Such students should pass the 10+2 examination with Science subjects & secure at least 60% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD category students) in aggregate.
- The Students who have passed 10+2 examination & secured minimum 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PwD category students) in aggregate and appearing in 1st year exam can apply for Stream SB. Such students should pass their 1st year final examination with at least 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PwD category students).
- These students need to join an undergraduate program in Basic Sciences (B.Sc. / B.S. / B.Stat. / B.Math. / Integrated M.Sc. / M.S.)
KVPY Exam Dates
KVPY exam dates 2019 are given below
- Online Application Form will be available from: 08th July 2019
- Form Submission Last Date: 20th August 2019
- Admit Card Download from date: 2nd week of October 2019
- Date of Exam: 3rd November 2019
- Result Declaration date: First week of December 2019
KVPY Application Form 2019
- The KVPY Application Form 2019 is available on the website from the 08 July 2019 .
- The candidate’s Registration is done on the website.
- You will be required to fill up personal and academic details, choose your test center and upload your photograph, signature and other certificates as applicable.
- Payment of application fees can be done online.
- The application fee is Rs. 1000 for general candidates
- For SC/ST/PwD Category candidates Rs. 500.
- The fee can be submitted through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking
- Mode of Exam: It is a computer-based test.
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be three hours.
- Language: English & Hindi both.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice question (MCQ) .
- Question Paper: In the Stream-SA all questions are compulsory (questions from Science and Mathematics)
- Question Paper: In the streams SB and SX , there will be four sections in Part I (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics) and four sections in Part II (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics). Candidates can answer any THREE sections in Part I and any TWO sections in Part II
Students can download the KVPY admit card 2019 from the website. The admit card will be available in the first week of October 2019. Admit Cards will not be sent by post. Without the admit card, the candidate will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
KVPY 2019 Result
The KVPY result will be declared in the first week of December 2019 . Students can check their KVPY result on the website. Students will be shortlisted for the interview on the basis of merit list.
Performance of the student in Aptitude Test followed by an interview.
No fixed syllabus for the KVPY exam is mentioned. Candidate can get an idea from the previous year question papers about the level of questions.
KVPY 2018 Previous year question papers with answer key can be downloaded from the official website http://kvpy.iisc.ernet.in/main/index.htm
Students can undertake kvpy Mock Test here http://kvpy.iisc.ernet.in
Books For KVPY Exam 2019
Refer NCERT books for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology of 10th, 11th and 12th standard.
- Rs. 5000 per month for first three years (1st to 3rd year) of Basic Sciences courses (B.S. /B.Sc. / B. Math. / B. Stat. / Integrated M.Sc. / M.S.). The annual contingency amount of Rs. 20,000/-
- Rs. 7000 per month for final two years (4th and 5th year) of Basic Sciences courses (M.Sc. / Integrated M.Sc. / M.S.). The annual contingency amount of Rs. 28,000/-
- The KVPY Fellowship shall be provided up to pre-PhD level or 5 years whichever is earlier.
Contact Address: Official website – http://kvpy.iisc.ernet.in