KVPY 2019 Scholarship Exam 11th 12th 1st-year basic science: Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is being conducted to provide the scholarship to the students interested in a research career in basic sciences. KVPY consists of an Aptitude Test followed by an Interview. KVPY is a national level exam organized by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) every year in the month of November. The application process starts from July. The exam is conducted for the students studying in the class of 11th, 12th and the first year of the degree course. The scholarship is offered from the commencement of the 1st year of the degree course.
The notification shall be announced by IISc in leading News Papers on 11th May 2019.
The eligibility criteria for appearing in KVPY Exam are given here:
- Only Indian Citizen Students can take the exam. As per the Interim Order of the Hon’ble High Court of Karnataka OCI/PIO students can also appear in KVPY 2019 .
- The students who have passed 10th class with Science & Mathematics subjects and secured at least 75 % marks (65 % marks for SC/ST/PwD category students) aggregate and appearing in 11th class are eligible for Stream SA.
- The students who have passed 10th class with Science & Mathematics subjects and secured at least 75% marks (65% marks for SC/ST/PwD category students) aggregate and appearing in 12th class are eligible for Stream SX. Such students should pass the 10+2 examination with Science subjects & secure at least 60% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD category students) in aggregate.
- The Students who have passed 10+2 examination & secured minimum 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PwD category students) in aggregate and appearing in 1st year exam are eligible for Stream SB. Such students should pass their 1st year final examination with at least 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PwD category students).
- All the above students aspiring to join an undergraduate program in Basic Sciences (B.Sc. / B.S. / B.Stat. / B.Math. / Int. M.Sc. / M.S.)
KVPY exam dates are given below
- Online Application Form will be available from: . July 2019 8
- Form Submission Last Date:.. August 2019
- Admit Card Download from date: 2nd week of October 2019
- Date of Exam: . November 2019
- Result Declaration date: First week of December 2019
KVPY Application Form 2019
- The KVPY Application Form 2019 will be available on the website from the second week of July 2019 .
- Firstly Registration is done on the website.
- You will be required to fill up personal and academic details, choose your test center and upload your photograph, signature and other certificates as applicable.
- Payment of application fees should be done only at the KVPY application portal.
- The application fee is Rs. 1000 for general candidates
- For SC/ST/PwD Category candidates Rs. 500.
- The fee can be submitted through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking
- Mode of Exam: It is a computer-based test.
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be three hours.
- Language: English & Hindi both.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice question (MCQ) .
- Question Paper: In the Stream-SA all questions are compulsory (questions from Science and Mathematics)
- Question Paper: In the streams SB and SX , there will be four sections in Part I (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics) and four sections in Part II (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics). Candidates can answer any THREE sections in Part I and any TWO sections in Part II
Students can download the KVPY admit card 2019 from the website. The admit card will be available in the first week of October 2019. Admit Cards will not be sent by post. Without the admit card, the candidate will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
KVPY 2019 Result
The KVPY result will be declared in the first week of December 2019 . Students can check their KVPY result on the website. Students will be shortlisted for the interview on the basis of merit list.
Performance of the student in Aptitude Test followed by an interview.
There is no fixed syllabus for the KVPY exam. Candidate should refer to the previous year question papers to know the level of questions.
KVPY Previous year question papers with answer key can be downloaded here http://kvpy.iisc.ernet.in/main/index.htm
Students can undertake Mock Test here http://kvpy.iisc.ernet.in
Books For KVPY Exam 2019
Refer NCERT books for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology of 10th, 11th and 12th standard.
- A monthly stipend of Rs. 5000 for the duration of first three years (1st to 3rd year) of Basic Sciences courses (B.S. /B.Sc. / B. Math. / B. Stat. / Integrated M.Sc. / M.S.). The student will also get an annual contingency amount of Rs. 20,000/-
- A monthly stipend of Rs. 7000 for the duration of final two years (4th and 5th year) of Basic Sciences courses (M.Sc. / Integrated M.Sc. / M.S.). The student will also get an annual contingency amount of Rs. 28,000/-
- The student is eligible to receive the KVPY Fellowship up to pre-PhD level or 5 years whichever is earlier.
Contact Address: Official website – http://kvpy.iisc.ernet.in