NEST Exam 2019 Notification: The National Institutes of Science education and research (NISER), Bhubaneswar has published notification for NEST 2019 (National Entrance Screening Test 2019). This examination is conducted for admission to the five-year integrated program for masters’ degree offered by NISER and UM-DAE CBS (University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Center for Excellence in Basic Sciences). Students interested in filling up NEST 2019 Application Form can apply now.
NEST 2019 Application Form
- The NEST is conducted for taking admissions to five year integrated Master of Science (M.Sc) programme in basic sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology).
- Candidates can apply for this entrance exam by filling the application form by online mode only.
- The application form will not be available by offline mode.
- Candidates have to fill the application form with all the accurate details.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned copies of documents along with the details.
- The completely filled application form should be submitted through online mode only.
- To apply for NEST 2019, candidates must fill–up the online application form through www.nestexam.in on or after January 2, 2019.
- Last date for Online application process is 6th March, 2019.
- For the online application submission candidates should have a legal email id. Log on the official website nestexam.in.
- Candidates need to register by entering name, valid email id and password.
- Candidates have to fill the details given in the onlineapplication form. Fill details of qualification, address, exam center etc.
- Scan current passport size photo and signature and upload on the website.
- Lastly verify the information entered, pay the application fee and submit the form.
Candidates need not send any document to NEST office in the entire application process.
NEST Exam 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who want to apply for the NEST 2019 should have the qualification as given below:
- Candidates should be 12th class passed with science stream (PCM or PCB) securing minimum 60% marks (for SC/ST/PWD candidates min. marks- 55%).
- Candidates pursuing 12th class are also eligible.
- Age Limit Criteria: General and OBC candidates should be born on or after August 01, 1999. There is 5 years relaxation in age limits for the SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- The Candidates who have qualified their senior secondary or any other equivalent exam in the year 2017, 2018 or those appearing in 2019 are only eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have passed 12th exam or any other equivalent exam before 2016 are not eligible to appear for this exam.
- The Candidates who will be appearing for 12th exam or any other equivalent exam in the upcoming year are also eligible to appear for this entrance exam.
NISER NEST 2019 Exam Important Dates:
Start date for online registration: .. January 2019
Last date of submit online application form is: .. March 2019
Download online admit cards start from: .. April 2019.
Examination date: .. May 2019 (10:00 am – 1:00 pm).
Result announcement on: .. June, 2019
Application Form fee
The requisite application fee must be paid by the candidates. Without application fee the application form will not be accepted. Application fee can be paid online via credit card/debit card/net–banking.
The application fee for the male candidates of General and OBC categories is Rs 700/–.
The application fee for candidates in the SC/ST/PD categories and for all female candidates is Rs 350/–.
NEST Examination Pattern 2019:
- There will be one question paper. The question paper will consist of multiple choice questions. The question paper will be divided into five sections. There will be 50 marks for each section except section 1 which will be of 30 marks.
- These sections are General aptitude, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology. For all the candidates section one will be mandatory which will be of 30 marks. The applicants can choose as many sections of their own choice from other sections. Section 2 to 5 will be from subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics. Only the highest scores from three sections chosen by the candidate will be considered for the calculation of their merit. There will be 200 questions from subject section with each question carrying 1 mark.
- The medium of the language of the question paper will be English only.
- Negative marking will be done for certain questions only answered incorrect in the subject section which is chosen by the candidate.
- The candidates will have to fillup the answer in OMR sheets only.
NEST Exam Pattern 2019
Section & Marks
- General 30 Marks
- Physics 50 Marks
- Chemistry 50 Marks
- Biology 50 Marks
- Mathematics 50 Marks
Result: The result will be declared on June ..th, 2019.
NEST 2019 Admit Card
The admit card for NEST 2019 will be downloaded from the .. April 2019. The candidates can download the admit card from the official web portal of NEST www.nestexam.in. The admit card will not be sent by post to any of the candidates under any circumstances. It is compulsory to bring the admit card and identity card at the examination center. Without admit card you will not be allowed to appear in the exam.
NISER NEST Seat Matrix for Session 2019
There are approximately 172 seats to be filled in NISER and 47 seats to be filled in CBS for integrated M.Sc course. The reservation of seats for candidates belonging to different categories is given below:
NEST Previous Year Question Papers
Candidates can prepare better if previous year questions papers are available. Question papers are uploaded in PDF format since 2007. You may download these question papers in the PDF format.
Download NEST previous year question papers and take print out of these papers. These papers provide basic idea of exam pattern. You can prepare yourself according to this exam pattern.
The syllabus for NEST 2019 is as per NCERT/ CBSE science syllabus of class XI–XII. The detailed can also be downloaded on the www.nestexam.in website under the ‘Syllabus’ tab. There is, however, no specific syllabus for the general section. This section tests candidate’s familiarity with, but not detailed understanding of, major historical milestones in subjects like astronomy, biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics, computer science and environmental science. Questions will be designed to test analytic abilities and comprehension of scientific passages. Some of the questions in this section may require knowledge of class X mathematics.